Discord Username (include #number):
- Tiger#5905
How old are you?:

What country and timezone are you in?:
- United States Eastern Timezone

Which position are you applying for?:
- Preferably mod

Why do you want to be a Damnlag Discord Moderator?:
- I wish to be a discord mod for Damnlag so I can truely insure that it is a toxicity free community. Already despite my lack of rank I've told people off for not following the rules. Most of the time this was just people not so subtly advertising their channel without the link, but I've got to start somewhere. I also feel that becoming part of the Damnlag "staff team", so to speak, would allow me to meet new people to talk to and play games with, which is what the server is for.

What prior moderator/administration experience do you have, if any?:
- I run my friend's discord server for his channel, and I do all the work. This of course means the basic moderating jobs, such as deleting messages not following the rule guide but also answering questions about the server or, in Damnlag's case, the website. I know how to use Mee6's moderation commands which include !mute and !clear. !slowmode is also on that list but not many people spam the chat in the Damnlag discord. As for my administration experience, I always look for new ways to make the chats more active so people can interact more. In fact, I "borrowed" the Damnlag's server idea to make a bot spam channel, to keep it out of general chat. A good admin is always looking for ways to put their server above all others. I think we should also promote using the server feedback/suggestions channel to put this plan into action.

Are you familiar with all discord server rules and channel rules?:
- Of course!

Anything else you'd like to share?:
- You're welcome for the idea, Chris. lol

Damnlag

Administrator
Staff member
Damn Admin
Hi @TigerFX,

Thank you for your interest in the discord position for moderator. We're still trying to get everything figured out with how we want to operate this new Helper role for becoming a Moderator on the discord server. With that being said, the staff and I have discussed a few things about what would qualify for members being eligible to become a Helper in the community. We've all agreed that a member who applies for this position will need to not only be active on both the discord and forum, but have been a member on the forum for at least 3 months to be eligible for the position.

Its difficult to see how long a member has been a member of the discord server, so that is why we are going by the forum registration times.

This will allow us to make sure that we're not accepting people who've just joined the community for this type of role.

Hopefully you understand and apply again when you've got at least 3 months as a member here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Discord

Latest New Threads