You can now upload videos to Twitch

Jack Muskrat

DJStitch

Jack Muskrat

I might try uploading some of my finished Let's Plays to Twitch. They haven't got monetization yet, I don't think. But I'm not size to be concerned about that. But I can put in the description about there being more content on my YT channel, see what happens.

Kiddabura

this is pretty cool i think monetization for videos there will soon be there after the beta wonder how this will affect youtube

Lylia

The way I see it, everyone's competing with everyone. Twitch, Youtube, Facebook (together with Battle.net) - all want a slice of the gaming pie.

The way I see it, everyone's competing with everyone. Twitch, Youtube, Facebook (together with Battle.net) - all want a slice of the gaming pie.
It sure does seem like it. I think it is a great thing. YouTube has been completely dominant in gameplay videos, and Twitch has been completely dominant in streaming gameplay. Hopefully this competition can push each company to want to do better, and we'll see some improvements on both sides.

Lylia

It sure does seem like it. I think it is a great thing. YouTube has been completely dominant in gameplay videos, and Twitch has been completely dominant in streaming gameplay. Hopefully this competition can push each company to want to do better, and we'll see some improvements on both sides.
I'm just worried that instead of positive competition, we end up having one site cannibalize the other, since everyone wants the same audience, basically. Or it ends up being a battle of who has the most funding to spare.