Clicky

Ways to Promote Your Channel

Discussion in 'Getting Started on YouTube' started by GameOverViper, Aug 30, 2014.

1. isengdudegame

isengdudegame Member

im using G+and reddit... need other advice

2. Xeoislive

Xeoislive Member

Really helpful, forum post :D !

3. ChickenKrispy

ChickenKrispy Active Member

Here are the various sources that I use to promote my channel.

DamnLag ;)
    YouTube
    Facebook
    Instagram
    Google+
    Reddit

Google+ seems to be the least useful of the bunch. Reddit is so hit and miss depending in the sub-Reddit you're part of, therefore I tend to use it the least.

Commenting on others YouTube videos is great, but I urge you not to actually "advertise" your channel in the comments. You will rarely get Subscribers this way, and expect to see a lot of dislikes rolling in. Alternatively, post meaningful and relevant comments that pertain to the video. You'll be happier with the results this way.

All in all I think the most important way of promoting yourself is to keep a consistent flow of content. If you're goal is 3 videos a week then do everything in your power to make that happen. Goodluck out there everyone!

4. matt2503

matt2503 New Member

ok so my girlfriend has started to do a weekly vlog of our lives and her recovery from cancer, she wants to promote the cancer recovery to try and help others in a similar situation. what would you suggest so far as promoting her channel? any help will be verry much appreciated.

5. Cold Abyss

Cold Abyss New Member

Good titles, tags, thumbnails, determination, and one that I think is overlooked translations! Such as titles and tags for example.

6. Synthetical

Synthetical New Member

I would say that collabs with someone slightly more popular than yourself is a good idea, in turn it helps you grow together

7. Rongotea

Rongotea New Member

8. Goregan

Goregan New Member

some pretty nice hints in here. thanks guys

9. Yolimoks

Yolimoks New Member

Thank you for the valuable information :clap:

10. Zmann

Zmann New Member

Promotion has always been a huge problem for me. I've usually used reddit and now damnlag and yttalk