Clicky

Ways to Promote Your Channel

Discussion in 'Getting Started on YouTube' started by GameOverViper, Aug 30, 2014.

1. snaredneptune

snaredneptune New Member

Avoid Facebook Groups at all cost, they're nothing but sub4sub and you get nothing from them. YTtalk is good, and so is using some of the MCN's forums to help promote.

2. Jaomock

Jaomock New Member

Appreciate the advice.

3. Shotak

Shotak New Member

Hey, Im a new channel just wondering if you guys have any tips on getting started. I've been down with the flu lately and haven't uploaded for around a month, I feel like I let myself down more than anything. I wonder if my videos just aren't clicking with people, or if its my more monotone voice that causes people to turn away. Love to hear any feedback! Thanks - Shotak

4. AlAlpha

AlAlpha New Member

What MCN's would you recommend?

5. Shweebe

Shweebe Member

I use: Reddit, Google +, FB, Twitter, Discord, and now Damnlag. I've noticed huge increases in views by networking. IT'S WORTH IT!!

6. Promotion is the hardest part of making videos:)

7. NoSkillScrub

NoSkillScrub Member

There is a good subreddit called /r/NewTubers. Its a good community of people and they offer lots of helpful feedback. They have events every week like Feedback Friday and Self-Promote Saturday which can be a good way to get some views. Just dont go dropping links in there or you will get shut down quickly. Make sure to read over the rules.

Shweebe likes this.
  8. I'll try that. Thanks. There is also /r/NewTubersCollab/ maybe this is also a good way to get some views

9. SaintNate

SaintNate New Member

Some great advise here will have to start applying some of these tips.

10. SaintNate

SaintNate New Member

Some great advise here will have to start applying some of these tips.