Clicky

Ways to Promote Your Channel

Discussion in 'Getting Started on YouTube' started by GameOverViper, Aug 30, 2014.

1. GameOverViper

GameOverViper Administrator Staff Member Damn Admin

Alright, so everyone wants to know the many different ways that people use to promote their channels. I may not know all the ways, so I'm going make this thread a sticky and let everyone here and in the future list all the ways they use to promote your channel and videos. If you use another site or service to advertise your channel or videos, list it.

Even if someone else already listed it, list all your steps to promoting.

If it involves a link to a site, feel free to post it. This will be the only time you can share links to another site, as long as it is for YouTube and this topic. If not, you might receive a ban instead.

So my ways:

www.videogameclans.com
    Reddit gaming or video sections
    Twitter
    Facebook - Facebook Groups sometimes
    revolutionofgaming.com - video sharing forums

Last edited: Mar 13, 2015
    XRDarkarus and Adam Shand like this.
  2. COZMOSPLAYS

COZMOSPLAYS Noob

yttalk forum
    networking with outer youtubers
    dailymotion

thegamer-helpgamers likes this.
  3. KingdomGnark

KingdomGnark Active Member

Search reddit. They mostly likely have a subcategory for the game you are playing

Josh Thornburg likes this.
  4. gothtini

gothtini New Member

hey guys, I'm a pretty small youtube channel so I'm trying to figure out where all I should promote the videos that get put out. Currently I link the videos on my tumblr, a gaming one, then I share that post on facebook and twitter. I also have started pinning the videos on pinterest. I know there's gplus, which I don't really use but I'm trying to get the youtube channel's gplus page going as well.

Where do you guys suggest promoting especially if you are a new channel?

Josh Thornburg likes this.
  5. Grammicals

Grammicals Regular

Alright the first tip I want to give you is make sure your videos are Search Engine Optimized.
    Metadata will go way longer than promoting from my experiences. Still both should be done.

Remember youtube is the 2nd largest search engine and it's owned by the largest search engine.

-----

Now onto the question at hand.

You mentioned facebook, well there are groups on facebook where you can promote your videos. In fact I've joined over like 50 of them.
    Just remember these groups are full of pitchers and hardly any catchers. What I mean by that is everyone wants views but no one wants to give them back.
    Well I shouldn't say no one but you may only notice a slight view increase from posting in like 50 groups.

Still it's worth doing in my book because you spent 5 minutes maybe pasting your video link & typing a quick summary. Then it takes maybe another 15 to paste all of that into the groups.

-----------------
    There is also a couple subreddits that allow gaming video posts. I havent tried those myself though.

6. gothtini

gothtini New Member

I'll do some looking for facebook groups that wouldn't mind the videos. I hate reddit so very much but I'm posting a bit on a youtuber section of it.

How do I make sure my videos are search engine optimized?

MatrixOfHeeliks likes this.
  7. KingdomGnark

KingdomGnark Active Member

If I were to link you one of my videos, could you let me know what you would include for the SEO so I could get an idea?

8. GuiltyAsSin163

GuiltyAsSin163 New Member

hey ive only been doing YouTube for 4 weeks and have recently created a Twitter account for my channel but how do you actually get people to see or come to your twitter, im asking because i have never used Twitter before this and i have no real idea how it works

9. Luftangreifer

Luftangreifer Active Member

Loved your channel trailer AsSin :)

I think the best you can do is mention that you`ve made an account in one of your videos, put a link in the description, or create an outro with your account name in it. I dont quite understand how Twitter works either, never post anything over there.

MatrixOfHeeliks likes this.
  10. The5AClub

The5AClub New Member

Thanks for the advice guys