To webcam or not to webcam?

Discussion in 'Getting Started on YouTube' started by KlausGaming, May 3, 2015.

1. Eversor

Eversor Active Member

I think it definitely adds value, but it doesn't mean that you have too. I see plenty of YouTubers who don't use a webcam and get a lot of views still.

2. DoubleJFabulous

DoubleJFabulous Member

hey,
    when i am recording i am trying to add the face cam, but as you already said it is pain in the ass to edit the video. BUT i think we should look at our best examples (big youtube stars) they ALL use webcams. So i think it is a huge plus for you if you can add extra 10 minutes in your editing process and have your beautiful face up there ;)

3. BonusTank

BonusTank Active Member

I believe it adds a lot. You can show a lot more motion, speak directly to the viewers and gesture compared to when there's no facecam. If your not that kind of person to do that I would say to not use it. But if you are, then a facecam can be a very powerful tool :D

4. bruh...

bruh... New Member

I totally agree the face cam is defintely unneeded in certain contexts

5. CDTVProductions

CDTVProductions New Member

It definitely adds value, and I would say its worth the extra work. It adds a layer of personality and relatability to your content that wont be there otherwise.

6. Vyscelator

Vyscelator New Member

In my opinion, it depends on you. If you think you can manage doing good with the face expression, reaction and many more aspects that facecam provide, you should do it with facecam.

7. The Casualcore Gamer

The Casualcore Gamer New Member

I am definitely wondering the same thing. It is a hassle to edit, but also, I've read a lot on Reddit about this, and people seem divided. Some really feel that they can connect more to a YouTuber they can see AND hear, but some people find it annoying. I've only used facecam on a big exciting game that elicits good facial reactions.

8. swedishhousewifegamer

swedishhousewifegamer New Member

It depends. If I would be doing the videos by my self I wouldn´t use a cam, but since I´m doing it with my wife who has some funny reactions, I want the cam. Editing is def harder though... : )

9. Rolluxus

Rolluxus Member

Well, For me it is all about preference if you want to use a webcam or not, It is not horrible if you didn't a lot of YouTubers don't use a webcam and they are doing well so like I said it is all about Preference. Hope this helps man, Cheers!