The Website Changed...?

RetralMega

I went to the website, like normal, but I was no longer logged in. Weird. I've also noticed that avatars aren't shown in the same places. Alerts and inbox messages also are now spelled out (instead of an icon) and are on the right of my name.

Was this all intentional, or is it a weird glitch? I like the old version a lot more. It was much more convenient.

EDIT: I can't mark just one forum as read? The button says "Mark Forum"S" Read".
EDIT-1: When in a section of the forum and click the button, it brings up a list that asks which forum you wish to mark as read.

Last edited:

Carrumbum

There is also no more "add Video" feature... that was probably the best part of the forums which is now non-existant

Damnlag

Administrator
Staff member
Damn Admin
We are still in the process of adding the add-ons. The video system will return. There's other ways of sharing your video here though, the Video Promotion forum for example.

There may be some bugs here and there until we're done adding everything and fixing stuff.

For the news, if you view the News & Announcements forum, you'll see YTG upgrades to XenForo.

I'm glad that you think this is all stupid though, The Hobatron. Maybe you can go make a forum and do better?

Wow.

DamnLag, I thought you'd taken away the video system away for good, which would be stupid. However, you just said it would return, which means it isn't stupid and I was mistaken.

Yet you felt the need to attack one of your own members. That is real disrespect. I gave my opinion, my opinion which was mistaken anyway. You could have been polite and said "Don't worry, we understand your frustration, but we will fix it ASAP." Instead, you unnecessarily attacked me. How professional.

ZAP'd Designs

CEO of ZAP'd Designs
Damn Designer
Wow.

DamnLag, I thought you'd taken away the video system away for good, which would be stupid. However, you just said it would return, which means it isn't stupid and I was mistaken.

Yet you felt the need to attack one of your own members. That is real disrespect. I gave my opinion, my opinion which was mistaken anyway. You could have been polite and said "Don't worry, we understand your frustration, but we will fix it ASAP." Instead, you unnecessarily attacked me. How professional.
The thing is, The Hobatron, you automatically assumed that Damnlag took down the video system. All you had to do is ask if it was coming back. If I were Damnlag, I would have done the same thing. Damnlag has worked hard on this forum and he deserves respect from his members that are not supposed to complain about every single thing that is/isn't on the forum. Taking the fact he just updated the forum today, you have to give him time to implement all of the add-ons and other plugins to the forum. When you update a website like Damnlag did, you don't have every add-on and plugin that you had before because of the different style. Not to be mean, but maybe you should respect Damnlag for what he has done for the community. I hope you have a great one!

Damnlag

Administrator
Staff member
Damn Admin
I had originally planned on posting something like this the first time, but I didn't. I just said, if you think you can do it better than feel free to create your own website and do it. But now that you decided to say that, I'll tell you this.

I pay money out of my own pocket to provide you with a community like this. And you right away call the changes stupid. If anything, I found that disrespectful. Especially coming from someone who has been signed up here since November and only has 8 posts. The only thing I see your interested in about this site is advertising your videos. Which is fine.

Let me say something though. This is a community forum, this is not a service. Seeing the fact that you do not really care about being part of this community, I do not care if you stick around after this comment is posted. It might allow the actual members of this community to share their videos without you filling up the video sections with your videos.

Now, what you should have actually said to me was "Oh, I'm sorry. I couldn't find the thread about the changes and its great that your spending your money and free time to make this wonderful community for me to share my videos on." But you want to make a big deal out of it and throw a fit because I made a silly comment to your rude remarks.

I do respect him. In my defence, I didn't know when the update had happened. I haven't been on the website for a while so it could have been...well, a while ago. As I said, I made a mistake, and I do know that this website has done a lot for YouTubers everywhere.

DamnLag, let's just forget this and move on. I know your website is important to so many people, and just because I don't use it as much as others, doesn't mean I don't understand how important it is to those others. I would use it more often, but given my College course and doing the channel, plus helping out at home with a disabled mum, I don't get a lot of time. But I understand what you're saying. I was rude, I admit it. And for that, I'm sorry, DamnLag. Keep doing what you are doing.

Damnlag

Administrator
Staff member
Damn Admin
Another thing, the sub forums do show easily when you hover to the right of the forum on the main index and are easily accessible.

Discord

Latest New Threads