Template for the new YouTube Layout

Damnlag

Administrator
Staff member
Damn Admin
YouTube released the new layout design for channel pages not too long ago.

Click the image to view Full Template Size.

Learn more and update your channel at youtube.com/onechannel

Once this single image is uploaded, YouTube will resize and crop it to serve different sections to different mediums. The central 1280 × 350 area will appear on all devices, though the top-left and bottom-right may be partially obscured by a channel avatar and external social media links.

On a desktop and tablet computers the banner will stretch to show more. This could lead to clever designs that reveal more information to those able to see it, like this banner from Geek & Sundry:

The entire 16:9 image will be displayed when the channel is seen on a TV display.

Here are some initial thoughts and observations on the new design from one YouTuber:

[video=youtube_share;I6-3Oegbf8U]http-~~-//youtu.be/I6-3Oegbf8U[/video]

Damnlag

Administrator
Staff member
Damn Admin
Can someone make me one please if u can I have a 3d text and color green and Nckk thanks

Hello NCKK, feel free to post a new thread here asking someone if they will make you a banner for your channel. Make sure to be as detailed as possible as to what you want on it and what colors/text you want. The more information, the better it turns out in the end.

FataLBlade

Hello everyone. I was wondering of anyone could make me a banner for my channel. I would love it to be a Metal Gear Raiden banner as I am a Metal Gear fan, and also would like it to be a dark type background. I love black backgrounds with bada** effects, as you may see on my page. Also make my name look bada** too. I would highly appreciate it if someone could make one for me. I can't really offer much in return, but if I like the banner well enough, you will earn a subscriber and I'll make sure to check out all your videos and maybe promote your channel if I become big enough. Please PM me if you wish to help, as I may forget to re-visit this page. Thanks.

GamerPerfection

Ah man, I made a banner based o the template, but didn't realise I was focusing too much on the safe area, now my banner content only really fits in the safe area and not outside of it, so on a desktop it sucks!!!

GamerPerfection

Yeah I still used the new template, but ended up focusing on the central part and not the rest. Anyway, for now i've added bits to the side of my banner. It's the one thing i hate about resolution is quite often I get it looking great on my PC, but it could look very different on other resolutions.