Talking while making gaming videos

Discussion in 'Getting Started on YouTube' started by Ian Roberts, Oct 3, 2017.

1. Ian Roberts

Ian Roberts New Member

How's do people manage to have a conversation with their audience in a way that's not forced while still focusing on the game. At present I start to talk and as the game progressed I kinda go slient. Any advice would be helpful.

2. Jack Muskrat

Jack Muskrat Active Member Staff Member Damn Mod

Honestly the only thing I've ever been able to suggest to people to help with this is to keep doing it. Most people find it difficult and/or awkward at first but the more you do it the comfortable you get with it. Something you could do is record yourself playing a game, but have it be a game you wouldn't mind on your channel but not one you REALLY desperately want on there - record yourself as if making a video but just use it as practice. Afterwards you can review it and if you're happy with it then feel free to upload it, but if it's not up to the standard you'd like then you're not really losing out by deleting it and trying again.

I'll admit this is something I didn't do. I originally started on YouTube almost 5 years ago (with a different channel to the one I'm currently uploading to), not knowing what I was doing, and I just kinda rambled on quietly and without confidence. It took me quite a while to build myself up.

Sadly, unless you wanna be fake and put on a TV show / radio host type persona (which could work if it's a "character"), there's no magical way to get use to this kinda thing. It just develops over time.

3. Ian Roberts

Ian Roberts New Member

Thanks for the advice. Think I'll have to keep practising for a while then and get use to talking while gaming. I definitely don't wanna be some character so I'm not gonna go down thay road.

4. Rolluxus

Rolluxus Member

Well, This easy makes cut coms it helps a lot in this for the times you go silent just cut it out, It will make the video flow well and cut out any silence you might have I struggle with this also making Cut coms has made it easier for me. Hope this helps Cheers my dude!

5. Torr

Torr New Member

Try to speak with "virtual" audience while gaming without recording. Just for training purposes.