Clicky

Some ways to help get your videos noticed

Discussion in 'Getting Started on YouTube' started by IR.Badger FPV, Dec 30, 2015.

1. Marshmallow Machete

Marshmallow Machete Active Member

Great post. Completely agree it's all about the enjoyment first and foremost. It's weird I've found checking and worrying about the sub count too often seems to slow things down lol. It seems to grow better if you enjoy yourself and don't pay too much attention to it. A watched pot never boils as they say!

2. Splitsie

Splitsie Member

Nicely written guide, thanks for the advice :)

3. Rongotea

Rongotea New Member

Thanks man this has made me realize how important thumbnails are I think i'll take more time with them :)

4. Ryatta

Ryatta Active Member

I still think the vast majority of my views come from general searching, while I can't be sure I'm pretty positive that very few of my views have come from other content creators, do that many people really look to see if commenters have channels?

5. IR.Badger FPV

IR.Badger FPV Active Member Staff Member Damn Mod

your thumbnails are the 1st thing people see of your video, try make it fancy flashy but without being "clickbaity" think of a magazine, there glossy give away some of the details but nothing drastic

you can actaully check where your searches are coming from; on your creator studio (dashboard) Click, Analytics > Traffic Sources, then in there you can click YT searches and see what people have searched to find your videos

6. Ryatta

Ryatta Active Member

so yep about 45% of my views from from youtube searches, while >10% is from other youtube channels.. I wonder if I can do something about that?

7. IR.Badger FPV

IR.Badger FPV Active Member Staff Member Damn Mod

there are, im not the best person to help you with that one. that's more down to your tags and SEO and Young bones are the kings of tags. so you might be better of checking there post

8. Goregan

Goregan New Member

so the SEO thing is really the most important but i found many sources on google about that topic and its easy to learn but huge.

9. Zane

Zane Member

is there any good SEO guides here on the forum ? I think i'm pretty bad at it ! thanks for the guide !

10. DJStitch

DJStitch Active Member

yes there is. have your tried searching?