recording commentary with elgato

jfnoxus

So i got my elgato and made some test videos. Would it be a better idea to record my commentary with audacity or should I record the commentary with elgato as well? I tried to record the commentary with elgato but when I say something the game gets quiet and when I shut up it suddenly gets a lot louder. I set it so that the game gets a bit quieter when I talk but I'd love to know some good settings for it.

TPH Gaming

well to be honest if im doing a single person lp i'd record with the capture system but if you record like multiple people having a spare audio track comes in handy here check this video I made using two video captures and two audio captures I hope you found this helpful. And trust me I've had alot of audio issues but syncing isnt the easiest thing either so go with what suits you and experiment thats how i made videos like this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAILj1woWpY

jfnoxus

I've already got it down. I'm using audacity for the commentary. Thanks though :)

jfnoxus

KingdomGnark said:
That's an option in Elgato, you can switch it off next to where you turn the mic on and off.
I tried recording with that but I use audacity and a bunch of effects :)

Discord

Latest New Threads