Read First - Channel Promotion Forum Rules & Format

Discussion in 'YouTube Channel Promotion' started by GameOverViper, Feb 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GameOverViper

GameOverViper Administrator Staff Member Damn Admin

We have talked about the recent spam of videos in channel promotion threads and we've come to an agreement that we will now only allow Channel Trailers and Channel Update videos posted to the threads here in this section.

You can share your videos in 3 different ways on this site already, Media Page, Video Promotion Forum, Daily Upload threads.

You can update your threads by posting new details about your channel with text, such as news, updates, and other changes.

You cannot simply "bump" your threads without having a valid reason.

You may not create multiple threads.

You must have at least 25 forum posts to create your thread.

The intentions of this forum is to post your channel in exchange for feedback from other users.

Please use this format when creating a new channel promotion thread.

The title of the thread has to be your channel name
    • Channel Name:
    • Channel Link:
    • Channel Start Date:
    • Partnered with Network?:
    • Amount of Videos on Channel:
    • Total Subscribers:
    • Amount of Total Views on Channel:
    • Channel Description:
    • Channel Trailer (Optional):

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2015
    Shweebe, fox92, esportscrew and 5 others like this.
  2. wolfio_gunz

wolfio_gunz Active Member Staff Member Damn Mod

As much as I'd like the fact that this reduces spam, it also encourages spam. While on the surface people who post video bumps to their own channel seems like a cheap way to get attention, it actually filters out the '1 post' users who just join to advertise their channel. While I suppose bumping with a video is obnoxious to some, I'd hope that more active users will still take advantage of the fact that they should be able to post on their promotion thread on at least a weekly basis. This will give the more active users a fighting chance to stay on top of the '1 post' spam.

Unless the post minimum rule starts being enforced. In which case, yay =)

esportscrew and FPGameplay like this.
  3. GameOverViper

I'm confused. You're against spam, but you want people to be able to bump their videos?

4. wolfio_gunz

I'm against daily video spam in the channel promotion thread, but I think people should be allowed to bump their threads at some point. I'm confused as to what people can post in their own threads, it seems like you can only post important updates. If a long-time user has an old thread, shouldn't they be allowed to bump their thread back onto the front page?

5. GameOverViper

Then you'd have people bumping every single video they shared on here, and harder for people to view new videos being shared. It turns into a chaotic spam fest.

This forum is meant for people to be able to share new videos, get the chance to have those videos seen by others outside of just those who are subscribed to them on YouTube. Its not really a place that older videos are spotlighted days after they've been shared here.

The best thing to do is have people comment on the video here in the threads on this site and engage in a conversation that keeps the video posts active on the first page to avoid the annoying spam that you might see with "bumps."

6. wolfio_gunz

I agree with you =)

I was referring to the channel promotion forum, not the video promotion forum. I simply think that active members have the chance to bump their channel promotion page every few days.

7. GameOverViper

I misunderstood you. People can bump their channel promotion topics as long as its regarding an update or news about the channel or content. Uploads to the channel are not allowed to be shared on the channel promotion topics anymore other than update videos and new channel trailers.

wolfio_gunz likes this.
  8. wolfio_gunz

Good to know!

9. GameOverViper

Feel free to use our Video Promotion forum, Channel Promotion forum, Collaboration's forum, and other forums we have available to help out with all of what you're looking for.

10. jamielou

jamielou New Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.