play first or just record?

Discussion in 'Getting Started on YouTube' started by The Baconater, Jul 26, 2017.

1. The Baconater

The Baconater New Member

Hey guys, only just starting my channel out so i guess it's a good time to experiment with ideas. I recorded, and uploaded my first ever playthrough of banished the other day without watching vids or reading up on what to do at all. As expected my first playthrough went horribly wrong, but at the same time i kinda liked the video because it showcased my total lack of understanding of the game. I'm just wondering, for future reference if you guys think it's better to know a decent amount of the game before recording, or if some recording without any prior knowledge of the game can work out well.

Any feedback is much appreciated, thanks!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2017
  2. Jack Muskrat

Jack Muskrat Active Member Staff Member Damn Mod

NOTE: Video links aren't allowed in this section of the forums, so it has been removed.

Regarding your question, I think it's completely up to the individual and what you're trying to achieve with your videos. If you're wanting to showcase what you can do in a game etc then it's best to watch videos or play the game beforehand. But if, like me, you like people to see you try things for the first time and learn as you go then of course don't.

3. AquaK

AquaK New Member

i prefer recording first and collect the gameplay to edit later on