Clicky

New Youtuber Needing Some Wisdom/Advice

Discussion in 'Getting Started on YouTube' started by amateurgamer, Jan 7, 2017.

1. amateurgamer

amateurgamer Member

Hi everyone! I'm amateurgamer. My channel was only recently started so it's still very new. I'm trying to make sure I'm heading in the right direction from the start. I'll try to explain my situation below and hope to get some advice.

At the moment, I try to upload videos regularly. I understand that uploading good content is vital. The problem is that I am really tight with money (still a student) and I work with an old microphone and a 7 year old laptop. My game library is also limited and quite outdated. I use Audacity for my audio and Windows Live Movie Maker for video editing. LoiLo Game Recording is my recording software. Any advice for this area helps greatly.

I also plan on making thumbnails for my videos and hope to get some tips. What are the best ways? Are there free software making this easier? My drawing skills are limited but I can still do the basics on paint.

Sorry I wrote a wall of texts. I just think these are some matters I want to address at the moment. Thanks in advance! :)

2. Quillion

Quillion Member

I use Gimp for my thumbnails, its free and easy to use if you're just looking to add text on-top of a screen shot.

3. amateurgamer

amateurgamer Member

Thanks! I was thinking about adding text on-top of screenshots. Just need to find one I like. :)

4. Quillion

Quillion Member

5. DJStitch

DJStitch Premium Damn Premium

All your questions have previous been answered in this section and the graphics one

6. amateurgamer

amateurgamer Member

Thanks! I got thumbnails for a few of my videos now. :)

I looked at the stickied posts and they talked about how to get more subs/views (being more consistent, make good quality videos, etc). I just put out the questions hoping to possibly get a response from someone in a similar experience who is willing to share. Thanks nonetheless! :)