New to this and need advice

Sleeper341

Hi, thanks for letting me join!

I need some advice - my 12yr old son wants to stream his game play and make videos for YouTube etc.

I have absolutely no idea what equipment he will need to do this stuff lol! He streams on twitch apparently, without any additional equipment so what should I be looking at getting him so he can do more stuff (like YouTube etc)?

He has an xbox one s.
I’m guessing he need some sort of camera, mic and a capture card (no idea what sort) and some sort of editing software for his laptop?

Could anyone direct me to a simple set up, or items needed for a basic starter? Who knows how long he’ll be interested in doing this, so I want to start with a budget set up for him.

Thanks for your help

Sleeper341

So no help from anyone? So much for “sharing collaborating learning”!

Sorry if that comes off rude from a newbie, but I see plenty of people posting/commenting in other threads since I posted this, surely someone on here has some knowledge to impart?

YOBUTTY on YT

I need some advice - my 12yr old son wants to stream his game play and make videos for YouTube etc.

I have absolutely no idea what equipment he will need to do this stuff lol! He streams on twitch apparently, without any additional equipment so what should I be looking at getting him so he can do more stuff (like YouTube etc)?

He has an xbox one s.
I’m guessing he need some sort of camera, mic and a capture card (no idea what sort) and some sort of editing software for his laptop?

Could anyone direct me to a simple set up, or items needed for a basic starter? Who knows how long he’ll be interested in doing this, so I want to start with a budget set up for him.

Thanks for your help
the most important thing for a youtuber to have is a mic so I would recened getting a good one and the camera can come later once his channel get a little momentum

Scopespy

First you'll need a capture card since hes on the xbox. Look into the El Gato game Capture it is pretty much the standard and isn't too hard to set up. The El Gato I also believe comes with video editing software. Then you'll need a mic that can also plug into your computer and a webcam. A good webcam is the Logitech C920. Both of the prices though for these are high right now because the demand is so high for them due to COVID. Any other questions feel free to ask!

Damnlag

Administrator
Staff member
Damn Admin

He has an xbox one s.

Thanks for your help
Hi @Sleeper341, welcome to the community!

Having an Xbox One S you really don't need anything to get started. You can already stream directly from the Xbox console. You can see a guide on how to stream from your Xbox One console to Twitch here.

However, if you want to go more professional with streaming, you can get a capture card such as an Elgato Game Capture that comes with a program to not only allow you to stream to these websites such as Twitch, Mixer, Youtube and Facebook, but you can also record your gameplay to create videos for YouTube if you wish. You can see a list of some other game capture devices that are compatible with Xbox here.

A microphone and webcam is something that you would probably need to look into abit further. It all depends on the quality and dollar amount that your looking for.

Last edited:

Discord

Latest New Threads