Clicky

MSgtPorkins

Discussion in 'YouTube Channel Promotion' started by MSgtPorkins, Jan 12, 2017.

1. MSgtPorkins

MSgtPorkins Active Member

Howdy, y'all! My name is MSgtPorkins, I'm 34 and was once a professional Quake 1, 2 and 3 player in my youth. I'm also a video game and console collector so I have a massive stockpile of games to play.

Title of Thread: MSgtPorkins

• Channel Name: MSgtPorkins
    • Channel Link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaPvD6K6wOour2AlrqU2Pew
    • Channel Start Date: October 31, 2016
    • Partnered with Network?: No
    • Amount of Videos on Channel: 73
    • Total Subscribers: 78
    • Amount of Total Views on Channel: 2650
    • Channel Description: I do walkthroughs, playthroughs, reviews and gameplays of retro, arcade and modern games. No matter the game, be it a RPG, action, adventure, horror, RTS or FPS, all games shall be played! I also tend to make a lot of poor life choices during my videos so the fails are endless.
    • Channel Trailer (Optional:

Shweebe likes this.
  2. ImperialArm

ImperialArm Member

I dug the channel and the videos, your sense of humor was what made me sub to the channel and I look forward to watch many more videos. One point of critique your intro music was a bit load, now I wear headphone most times but I watched a few without them also and it was still a little loud but that's just my opinion, so now that I know that I adjust the volume down then back up after the intro.

MSgtPorkins likes this.
  3. MSgtPorkins

Thanks for the sub but more important is the critique. I pointed this out to my editor and noticed that for headphone users that it does seem louder than it should even though the intro audio levels are even with the outro levels. The editor thanks you for pointing this out and we'll definitely make this change. Good catch!

ImperialArm likes this.
  4. Solid Brass

Solid Brass Member

You made me laugh, thats worth a sub in my book

MSgtPorkins likes this.
  5. MSgtPorkins

Thanks! I sometimes question the offal that rolls out of my mouth but that's why I love playing these games.

6. ImperialArm

ImperialArm Member

No worries that's what we are here for right, to help each other grow and improve.

MSgtPorkins likes this.
  7. MSgtPorkins

Right now, I'm trying to finish up a couple of my older series to help with the workload on my editor. Once I'm down to just doing two series, I'll continue just doing two large series at a time and one-shots. The biggest thing I'm looking to keep doing on my channel is not using a face cam. I prefer to not use one because I feel the game is the one on showcase and I add the garnish with my commentary.

Rooster and Remie D Gaming like this.
  8. Solid Brass

Solid Brass Member

Yeah I get this. So many great channels don't use face cams and I can't imagine why they would really benefit from them.

Remie D Gaming and MSgtPorkins like this.
  9. MSgtPorkins

There are certain types of videos that work well with a face cam and I feel that the type of gameplays I do would be more of a distraction for the audience by taking away from the game. My favorite YouTuber for inspiration comes from Cryoatic because of this.

Remie D Gaming and Solid Brass like this.
  10. MSgtPorkins

I want to apologize for the lateness of the XBox One games (Dying Light, Far Cry 4, Dead Rising 3 and 4) due to having not purchased a capture card. I want to thank everyone being patient at the moment and these series will start back up soon because I really love playing these games, finding out stuff about them together but I want to make sure that the quality meets the standards of myself, my editor and the viewers who watch. I appreciate all those who have stuck around even though the video quality was pretty bad for awhile. While I'm trying to get that capture card, I have been doing a couple more series that I do have time to work in. (Mad Max and Dead Island). Since they are on PC, I'm able to produce 720p60 and 1080p30/60. Once again, thank you for being patient with me and I will make the wait worthwhile as I'm looking to come up with something great, possibly a giveaway or something along those lines.

Rooster likes this.