Clicky

List of Game Capture Devices

Discussion in 'Getting Started on YouTube' started by GameOverViper, Mar 7, 2014.

1. Backsidebois Gaming

Backsidebois Gaming New Member

I use the Elgato HD60 and it works rather well on both PC and Gaming. The only thing is it tends to decrease the colors in terms of vibrancy which makes the brighter colors drop off. Its not really noticeable until you compare original video with the recorded video.

Though this doesn't affect the video drastically at all and is crystal clear. I personally do color correction in order to make the video more aesthetically pleasing/stand out but you don't really need to. Great product overall. Amazon does deals every now and then so keep an eye out.

Happy gaming friends!

2. Brahh

Brahh New Member

I would recommend Fraps, or XSplit. Fraps the better option financially, as its only one payments, and you get to use it in its entirety, while XSplit has 3-12 month re-subscriptions.

3. CW Entertainment

CW Entertainment Member

4. TheViralKing

TheViralKing Member

these are some options not mentioned:

Shadowplay (free, but only for compatible nvidia users)
    Roxio game capture HD
    Razer has a capture device now to
    Action (pc recording software)
    loilo (free pc recording software)
    elgato hd60
    elgato hd pro
    bandicam

5. Hacuracy

Hacuracy New Member

OBS alone on PC is probably the best, and its free. for console, Elgato HD 60 is your best option, since it is easy to work, and in my opinion, it works the best.

6. Yolimoks

Yolimoks New Member

esportscrew likes this.
  7. esportscrew

esportscrew Member

OBS is a really good streaming/recording software. it is so easy to use and many people dont know the good settings though, on my youtube channel i have a tutorial on the best obs settings for beginners

8. Supernova Gaming

Supernova Gaming New Member

I find the elgatoHD60 is great

9. J0ystickJunkies

J0ystickJunkies Member

Honestly, we use xbox or ps4 stuff with obs lol. Have a decent PC and it works really well.

10. Old Back in Style

Old Back in Style New Member

I don't use OBS for recording(maybe i should). Often use Bandicam, but i think about trying smth. new.