Clicky

How to Turn on Channel Browse View

Discussion in 'Getting Started on YouTube' started by GameOverViper, Apr 22, 2014.

1. GameOverViper

GameOverViper Administrator Staff Member Damn Admin

The Browse view of your channel allows visitors to your channel to see, by default, the customized content (channel trailer, sections) you are displaying. Disabling the browse view will display your channel feed to all users.

You can enable and disable the Browse view of your channel in the channel navigation screen. You can get to the channel navigation screen by clicking on the arrow that appears when you hover over your channel name and click Edit channel navigation.

[​IMG]

In channel navigation you can also determine which activities appear in your feed, and update the settings for your discussion tab.

[​IMG]

Hope this helps! :)

2. Gamemaster13000

Gamemaster13000 Noob

3. GameOverViper

GameOverViper Administrator Staff Member Damn Admin

Please do not make comments that are a single or few words. That in my mind is spam and I don't care for it much. :p

4. Gamemaster13000

Gamemaster13000 Noob

Oh, Sorry. Was just stating a thought. XD

5. Welsknight

Welsknight Active Member

Please, new channels, for the love of god... DO THIS. Every time I see a channel without browse view, a starving child in India dies. Nobody wants to come to your channel and see a giant Facebook-like activity feed clustered mess of every video you've liked and every channel you've subscribed to. They come to your channel to see (and find) YOUR videos. Organization is your friend, and this is step #1.

DJStitch91 and Supanoodles like this.
  6. Supanoodles

Supanoodles Veteran

I try my best to point this out to people when they ask me for advice.

So many people just use the regular view it's fine if your a content consumer but if your making videos do yourself a favor and change to the browse view.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DJStitch91 likes this.
  7. TheSpoonelite

TheSpoonelite New Member

Thanks a lot for showing people how to change this. It is very frustrating when people have it set to the default.