Clicky

How to start a YouTube gaming channel in 2017?

Discussion in 'Getting Started on YouTube' started by VanillaDoesGaming, Jun 29, 2017.

1. VanillaDoesGaming

VanillaDoesGaming New Member

I recently started to restart my channel at 0 views and 0 subs to try to get a bigger gaming audience, since my videos were getting no views at 135 subscribers due to me doing the entire channel wrong, and I had copyrighted music in my old intro by mistake so I restarted with this channel. How can I rebuild my community? I am going to call out my new channel on my old channel to get the few people who liked my videos back to this channel, but how do I grow well? I triple my tags, but my issue is that I cannot afford all of the new games as soon as they come out. What should I do?

2. Jack Muskrat

Jack Muskrat Active Member Staff Member Damn Mod

Play games you enjoy that you already own. Or maybe you have games in your library you have yet to play. But you could also use the likes of itch.io and Gamejolt - there are tons of free indie games, or ones for just a couple of quid. While there is definitely an audience for brand new games (as expected) there is also an audience for older and/or indie games.

VanillaDoesGaming likes this.
  3. swbf2news

swbf2news New Member

yeh need some help here as well.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2017
    VanillaDoesGaming likes this.
  4. VanillaDoesGaming

Thanks for the advice Jack! I've been doing that lately. I'll keep it up then!

Jack Muskrat likes this.
  5. VanillaDoesGaming

Look at Jack's response above yours. This advice is actually quite good. I see people doing this a lot on YouTube.

6. ThinghAh

ThinghAh New Member

Dont worry too much on what others will say or think. Play what you want to play and just have fun. Someone out there likes the same thing as you do!