How to Grow Your YouTube Channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfnoxus

So... you quote my post in which I tell someone to ask for channel feedback in a different thread... and then you ask for feedback in this one? *facepalm*
You gave someone feedback earlier in this thread, that is why I asked you. I quoted that post because it's your most recent post and you can't @ someone on a forum.

jfnoxus

First, to check tags (if you're using Google Chrome), you can right click anywhere on the page and choose "view page source". The tags are in there (and they shouldn't be too hard to find).

Now, the channel review:
  • You have not enabled browse view. This means that your channel is a disorganized, messy activity feed.
  • Your channel art and avatar are a bit lackluster. Especially your avatar. A South Park character is hardly original or memorable.
  • You're using thumbnails, but your thumbnails do not state what game you're playing, and they're not exceptionally eye catching. Remember the rule of thirds when making your thumbnails (and if you don't know what it is, Google is your friend). They're not terrible, but they could be improved.
  • I watched your "GTA 5 - PS3 - Testing the Homing Launcher in GTA 5" video. The intro was short, which is good. However, there was no commentary whatsoever.
  • For the games that you play, I would not do a facecam. I personally don't believe a facecam should be used unless it adds to the experience (such as in a jump-scare game, or a game where the entertainment value is very reaction-based). In GTA, it would only be distracting.
  • Your description is a place where you can improve your SEO by using key words and working them into complete sentences. Use the description. Don't just randomly add tags to the end of the description, as that can get your account banned. However, use the description to... you know, describe the video.
  • Your tags actually seem pretty good.
  • You're using royalty-free music from Incomptech, and properly crediting good old Mr. MacLeod, which is fantastic. I wish I'd done the same when I first started.
  • Your video quality is good. I can't rate your audio quality because I didn't feel like searching through the disorganized mess of your channel page to find a video with commentary.
  • Overall, a good start, but certainly lots of room for improvement.
Like this post.

RetralMega

You gave someone feedback earlier in this thread, that is why I asked you. I quoted that post because it's your most recent post and you can't @ someone on a forum.
@jfnoxus Actually, you can.
However, that is not the point. The point is that you quoted the post saying channel reviews would be done on another topic and asked for a channel review. The post you quoted also mentioned something about reading the threads and forums before posting. You obviously failed to do so. If you had done so, you would have clicked the link @Welsknight provided in the same post you quoted rather than obnoxiously replying to this thread.

Also, double posting is annoying. You could have simply edited your original post.

jfnoxus

@jfnoxus Actually, you can.
However, that is not the point. The point is that you quoted the post saying channel reviews would be done on another topic and asked for a channel review. The post you quoted also mentioned something about reading the threads and forums before posting. You obviously failed to do so. If you had done so, you would have clicked the link @Welsknight provided in the same post you quoted rather than obnoxiously replying to this thread.

Also, double posting is annoying. You could have simply edited your original post.
Okay. I didn't know. I have already explained why I quoted that post of his. I have read the forum rules a long time ago so apologies for not remembering every specific thing I have read in my life. Thank you for letting me know. I would delete the double post if I could but I don't see an option to delete my post.

Sir, may I ask of a critique of my Channel from you? A professional's opinion would be great to hear. Even if it is ego shattering.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSL5cMEKJUAa96NyKY1IYcA <- My channel.
You also asked for channel feedback in this thread. So in my opinion you are in no position to tell me I can't even though you did the same thing.

But anyway I have found the proper thread and will be posting it in there.

Last edited:

RetralMega

Okay. I didn't know. I have already explained why I quoted that post of his. I have read the forum rules a long time ago so apologies for not remembering every specific thing I have read in my life. Thank you for letting me know. I would delete the double post if I could but I don't see an option to delete my post.

You also asked for channel feedback in this thread. So in my opinion you are in no position to tell me I can't even though you did the same thing.

But anyway I have found the proper thread and will be posting it in there.
Once again, you seem to fail to have the ability to read. That was posted a little over a week before the new thread was ever created (January 19th is when I asked and January 27th is when the new thread was created).
If you actually look back one simple page, you'll see that I was actually the first one to mention a new thread being made (Post #53). Before I asked, I actually read every post in this thread because I didn't want to look stupid for no reason; Whereas you haven't even read the previous page. From what I can tell, you went back to look at my posts to find a way to find a way to defend yourself in someway or another.

Regardless of all of this, I wish you nothing but the best in all of your endeavors. From what I've seen of your channel, it's great though. I subscribed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Discord

Latest New Threads