How important is the channel name??

Discussion in 'Getting Started on YouTube' started by TheGreenMachineGamer, Jan 13, 2017.

1. TheGreenMachineGamer

TheGreenMachineGamer New Member

2. DJStitch

DJStitch Active Member

Pretty sure there is thread about this already

3. GameOverViper

GameOverViper Administrator Staff Member Damn Admin

You're channel name is not necessarily that important. You want to make it something that you can make a brand out of though. Coming up with the perfect brand name for your channel is what is key. Something that is unique and catches the attention of people is what you want.

For example, Damnlag. A gamer can relate to it right away if they've ever experience game lag, which I'm sure everyone has at least once in there lifetime on games. Its catchy, funny and rememberable.

Instead of The Green Machine Gamer, you could go with just The Green Machine.

4. CaracalOfficial

CaracalOfficial Member

In my opinion, the name you give yourself is pretty important. Like Viper said, you want a name that you can create a brand out of. But it's really good to have a name that you personally connect with!

5. Split Screen Gamer

Split Screen Gamer New Member

The more descript your name is, the easier it is for your audience to understand what you are. That said, you can also come across too generic if your name is just a bunch of keywords.

6. Shotak

Shotak New Member

If you're trying to expand your YT, I think the only advice i can give you is stay away from Numbers like : Alex981231, to me, that feels like you made the account just to watch videos and comment, and honestly that would probably make me not check out your channel because again it looks like you just threw in whatever name you were given.

7. brianstanney

brianstanney New Member

My YouTube channel name is my name. Makes that and my Twitch channel more personal.