How do YOU go about engaging people to comment/share your videos?

Discussion in 'Getting Started on YouTube' started by TheMobJob™, Jan 29, 2017.

1. TheMobJob™

TheMobJob™ Active Member

Hey everyone, I was wondering how you guys go about getting your fans, or even new viewers to engage on your video? We don't get many comments/shares but we get a lot of people just wanting a dumping ground to promote their channel. Any ideas, anyone?

2. GameOverViper

GameOverViper Administrator Staff Member Damn Admin

Make friends with some of these other YouTube creators on this site, get together and talk about making legitimate posts on each others content to help one another out. Could help you and others get your wheels going.

That or you might want to think about your content. Does it bring views? If you're getting views, then what's your view duration of videos? Are you keeping people interested in each video. Make comments in the video asking people to comment an answer on the video.

TheMobJob™ likes this.
  3. TheMobJob™

TheMobJob™ Active Member

This is some pretty swell advice, thanks for the feedback!

4. RegularGamerHD

RegularGamerHD New Member

ik this is a late respond, but you can ask your viewers things that they can respond to. For example, ask them questions related to the video you are doing. You can also ask them to comment questions they have for you, etc. In regards to the people advertising on your channel, block them and hide their comments on your channel.

5. TheMobJob™

TheMobJob™ Active Member

Thanks, no need to be sorry, I wanted this to be a reference to anyone who needed advice like me, which you provided very well, thank you!

6. Oskar7917

Oskar7917 New Member

When someone isn't asking sub 4 sub BS on your channel. You need to respond and make them feel special essentially and that may spread that you are someone who takes time to interact with others. (to some degree don't lash out at spammers)

TheMobJob™ likes this.
  7. GameOverViper

GameOverViper Administrator Staff Member Damn Admin

Interacting with those who take the time to comment on your content is a must. You must put in the work and create content, and talk to those who provide feedback to you. If you just create content and never respond to anyone in the comments, then they get the feeling that you're stuck up and chances of them returning on the next video to comment again are slim to none.

Then again, even replying to people who comment are not guaranteed to return and comment again. But its better to interact whether they return or not. Put in the work, interact with your viewers.

8. CDTVProductions

CDTVProductions New Member

The best thing to do is just mention it in passing. I feel like if its something you mention too much or are too assertive about it can kinda put viewers off sharing/commenting.

9. 17fthigh

17fthigh New Member

I saw that this one channel usually just asks a simple question and pins it and people engage like crazy giving all kinds of answers! Going to try it out too!