How do I properly use YouTube tags?

Discussion in 'Getting Started on YouTube' started by Kazro GamingHD, Apr 29, 2017.

1. Kazro GamingHD

Kazro GamingHD New Member

So basically tagging is one of the harder parts to uploading a video I find. Could anybody share any tips on how to tag your video correctly?

2. GameOverViper

GameOverViper Administrator Staff Member Damn Admin

Well from what I've read from experiences people have had in the past getting banned or warned about using excessive amounts of tags. I'd recommend only using tags related to your video and topic. Try not to go over board with them to avoid trouble with YouTube.

If you could share a couple video titles and video topics you use in a couple videos, I'm sure I or others could help you come up with some tags to use for them.

3. J0ystickJunkies

J0ystickJunkies Member

I use about 10 tags. For like gaming, which is what we do, if we are playing mario kart, I will use the normal tags like Mario Kart, Mario Kart online but then I toss in keywords like go kart or bowser. I try using the obvous keywords but then toss in ones i think will rank high but not as used. It has been doing great for ranking us.

4. FluxYT

FluxYT New Member

Apparently the less tags you use, the better.

So 5 good tags would be better than 10 normal ones.

5. altervoid

altervoid Member

I did a nice little experiment with tags and youtube SEO, you can find it in reddit: