Get a custom Youtube URL without 100 subs.

Discussion in 'Getting Started on YouTube' started by Marshmallow Machete, Apr 5, 2016.

1. Marshmallow Machete

Marshmallow Machete Active Member

Hey Guys, so I recently received an email from Google+ saying that I now qualify for a custom Url for my Youtube and Google+ account.

This really confused me as I thought you had to have a min of 100 subs to qualify for a custom Url on Youtube. (which I don't)

So after a little digging I found out that you can get a custom Url for your Youtube/Google + account by having just 10 followers on Google+.

So it has now changed my url from this jibberish:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChWxNKUYLpvPK_SjsIt6Gww

To this:
    https://www.youtube.com/c/MarshmallowMachete

Here's a link to a blog I found that includes all the information:

http://www.peggyktc.com/2015/02/get-custom-url-for-your-youtube-channel.html#eligibility

I Hope this information is helpful to someone. Apologies if I haven't explained it very well as I don't fully understand it all myself hence the link!!

2. Cay

Cay New Member

I wasn't even aware that you had to have 100 subs to have a custom URL? I thought you just needed to have had the channel for more than 30 days?

3. Mjolnir Gaming

Mjolnir Gaming New Member

I looked into this - Rules are more than 100 subs or own a website that can validate your channel name. Connected via settings 'associated website'.

This G+ work around seems like a great alternate.
    Thanks..

Now to find 10 people... :/

4. SgtIcetea

SgtIcetea Member

that's awesome, I really want that, only need to find 10 people, anyone mind helping out? Just follow on G+, I'll follow back so that we can get that custom url :)
    @mods this is no sub4sub request!

5. TheViralKing

TheViralKing Member

that is slightly untrue, there are plenty of examples of people who get it with 0 followers, however it's true you can get the/c/... but keep in mind it's a redirect url and not a permanent url, it's what's called a vanity url, it looks that way untill you click it, wich is cool, but if i manually go to your channel the url will not be there

Quatec likes this.
  6. SgtIcetea

SgtIcetea Member

It would still be a cool thing to be able to link my channel as c/sgticetea instead of that long stuff

7. Morph

Morph New Member

WTF, i tried to make a custom url, and i tried it, and it just says unknown channel now. pls help

8. KwanZV

KwanZV New Member

Thanks so much for the information :)

9. ChrisFactor

ChrisFactor New Member

I think you need both.

10. Frab

Frab Member

Thank you for this thread! Very helpful! and informative