Channel Websites

Nathan K

GamerPerfection

I think the important thing here is that Chris has made a huge effort of creating websites for people in this community.... lets not start picking at it or he'll take it all away.

D

DJStitch91

Maybe if russian is so good he can make same different templates for free.?

Damnlag

Administrator
Staff member
Damn Admin
Same template thats all, don't they not have other templates?
Different templates cost more money. This template provides us with what we need to showcase the content from users. Is a new template for each site necessary?

Different templates cost more money. This template provides us with what we need to showcase the content from users. Is a new template for each site necessary?
Well, to be honest, I can agree with @RussianGamer on havin' more templates for these sites made by the courtesy of DamnLag, but I also understand the fact that it'll very much likely cost more money to obtain or make these new templates, but why not wait on these other templates and have (let's say)a "custom template request system(/sub-forum?)" where people who want a different template than what the default is are able to look/go to people who are more skilled in website/template creation to make new website templates and such for the user that has requested the custom template. At this point, if and when the user who requested the custom template is satisfied, the user will then be required to pay the custom template creator a fee for their services in the creation of the custom template. Or if the user is at a skilled understandin' level on how to make custom templates, they could make the template themselves and submit it to here in DamnLag's forums to request the template to be applied to the site, any updates that would be needed for the site's template would require the requestin' user(s) to pay a (let's say; smaller)additional fee for the custom template's update.

Just an idea I thew out there, I hope this can help balance this issue and help avoid a conflict between one another. Not sidin' with anyone here or tryin' to sound like I'm sidin' with anyone, I felt this could possibly help engage better and more agreeable terms between everyone, but this is me and wishful thinkin', this was just a suggestion to try and get everyone to agree if possible, if I stirred up irritation or anger for all or anyone for that matter, my DEEPEST apologizes, Just tryin' to help if I can!

Damnlag

Administrator
Staff member
Damn Admin
Well, to be honest, I can agree with @RussianGamer on havin' more templates for these sites made by the courtesy of DamnLag, but I also understand the fact that it'll very much likely cost more money to obtain or make these new templates, but why not wait on these other templates and have (let's say)a "custom template request system(/sub-forum?)" where people who want a different template than what the default is are able to look/go to people who are more skilled in website/template creation to make new website templates and such for the user that has requested the custom template. At this point, if and when the user who requested the custom template is satisfied, the user will then be required to pay the custom template creator a fee for their services in the creation of the custom template. Or if the user is at a skilled understandin' level on how to make custom templates, they could make the template themselves and submit it to here in DamnLag's forums to request the template to be applied to the site, any updates that would be needed for the site's template would require the requestin' user(s) to pay a (let's say; smaller)additional fee for the custom template's update.

Just an idea I thew out there, I hope this can help balance this issue and help avoid a conflict between one another. Not sidin' with anyone here or tryin' to sound like I'm sidin' with anyone, I felt this could possibly help engage better and more agreeable terms between everyone, but this is me and wishful thinkin', this was just a suggestion to try and get everyone to agree if possible, if I stirred up irritation or anger for all or anyone for that matter, my DEEPEST apologizes, Just tryin' to help if I can!
If people want to pay to have their site that I setup look different with a different theme by someone who is professional and charges an arm and a leg to do it, then sure. That's an option.

I already allow them to have a background designed by a person who made trebryan's and belcoots characters on their sites, which costs $50 alone.

I have no problem investing my money into these websites to help people, but I only have so much money.

I'm offering people a website that they can showcase their content on. If they want to invest their money to change the template, they can do that. The people I make the sites for have full admin abilities on their sites to change anything on it they want.

If people want to pay to have their site that I setup look different with a different theme by someone who is professional and charges an arm and a leg to do it, then sure. That's an option.

I already allow them to have a background designed by a person who made trebryan's and belcoots characters on their sites, which costs $50 alone.

I have no problem investing my money into these websites to help people, but I only have so much money.

I'm offering people a website that they can showcase their content on. If they want to invest their money to change the template, they can do that. The people I make the sites for have full admin abilities on their sites to change anything on it they want.
Deepest apologizes if this made you mad or irritated with me, didn't go to do that, just tryin' to help out a little bit, again, sorry.

Damnlag

Administrator
Staff member
Damn Admin
Deepest apologizes if this made you mad or irritated with me, didn't go to do that, just tryin' to help out a little bit, again, sorry.
I'm not mad or irritated, just trying to explain my situation.

Discord

Latest New Threads