Can you still do lets plays/Playthroughs on youtube and be successful?

Discussion in 'Getting Started on YouTube' started by bigtennessee, Oct 19, 2017.

1. bigtennessee

bigtennessee Member

Hello. My name is bigtennessee and i just started a youtube channel that is mainly going to be based around doing lets plays and playthroughs of current, new, and relevant games. i ask the question because i feel that this area might be to saturated. then again i could be completely wrong. my goals of course surround gaining success on youtube but my main focus is on the now and growing a consistent following. i feel that it all comes down to the person in the video, to the reason why people come back to watch more of their content. i might have just answered my own question but would like to here what others have to say. Thank you.

2. Rolluxus

Rolluxus Member

Well this is kinda a hard question to answer in one way only, There are a lot of different people that enjoy longer videos and some that like shorter videos, It all really falls on a time thing with most people and sometimes it is just preference at the end of the day, I would say try doing full playthroughs and then do some shorter playthroughs kinda edited down like highlights so both sides of the audience get the thing they want and none would miss anything from the game and be on the same page.

bigtennessee likes this.
  3. bigtennessee

bigtennessee Member

Thank You Rolluxus For the input. I will most definitely incorporate this in my future series and see how everything goes. Appreciate the reply!

Rolluxus likes this.
  4. Rolluxus

Rolluxus Member

Sound good my dude best of luck! Cheers

5. Your Buddy Gas

Your Buddy Gas New Member

You don't have to do this, but what I would do is upload some other types video's. It might increase your channel, because new viewers might be like: "hey, this youtuber does rants and let's play's. I like him and his opinions and I enjoy his commentary on the latest video games. I'll sub to him."

Not everyone will be like that, but at least it might grow your audience.

It's really hard to get a lot of views on YouTube these days ;(