Can I monetize Game Footage without Problem?

GamerPerfection

Don't monetize any kind of game play unless partnered with a network it's not worth the chance of copyright
Sorry but this is poor advice coming from a Network owner.

Eversor

Hi
Please help.
if i upload game footage(let's play/walkthrough etc.) with live commentary will my videos be blocked for any reason?
can i monetize that videos without problem?
Its more complicated than simply whether or not the game footage is monetisable.

In terms of raw game footage, most companies allow it. However there are things that can appear on screen, or music that gets played in the background that can get your video flagged. I have had a couple of my BioShock videos flagged because of a half broken radio on the floor ingame playing some 1940s sounding music. Also i had some of my Warhammer 40k Space Marine videos flagged because of cutscene music.

So sometimes you just get hit with shit you didn't intend on, but it doesn't mean you cant keep your video (unless the company insists you remove it which is rare), it just means you cant monetise it, which shouldn't really matter at our stage since we are building our channels rather than making money from them.

GamerPerfection

I'm fully aware you're allowed to post a video over commentary and you could monetize it. Doesn't mean they won't try to copy right you lol. I've had cases were it happened
Joining a Network doesn't mean you are free from copyright issues. And that is exactly what impression you were giving by what you said.

Damnlag

Administrator
Staff member
Damn Admin
I'm fully aware you're allowed to post a video over commentary and you could monetize it. Doesn't mean they won't try to copy right you lol. I've had cases were it happened
Being under a network doesn't prevent from that, however. Your network doesn't have any contracts or agreements with developers preventing it.

GamerPerfection

From most gaming copyright related issues yes.
Please tell me exactly how your network can prevent most copyright issues?

GamerPerfection

Machinima are the worst network there is.

Discord

Latest New Threads