Blue Yeti recording help

lessthan3vg

Hey there everyone! I was wondering if anyone could help me with some trouble I'm having with my Blue Yeti. When my friend and I record, the levels change dramatically x.x if we talk to quietly, it barely picks it up but if we get to excited and get loud, it maxes out the capture and gets distorted. I have the mic on a stand a couple of feet in front of us. Anyone have any advice or perhaps could point me to a guide on audio capture? It would be greatly appreciated!

jfnoxus

Try using audacity to record and did you play around with the gain? I have the gain in the middle and all is fine in my recordings

lessthan3vg

I actually have the gain at about 25% and I use Nividia GeForce Shadowplay to record my screen as well as my mic

jfnoxus

lessthan3vg said:
I actually have the gain at about 25% and I use Nividia GeForce Shadowplay to record my screen as well as my mic
Should have the gain in the middle. You having the gain at 25% is the reason why it doesn't pick up you talking quietly

jfnoxus

lessthan3vg said:
But when it's in the middle, our normal talk maxes the capture :/
Then maybe turn it down a little bit from there also don't talk directly into the mic. You're supposed to talk over it or besides it. When I'm playing the mic is usually a bit lower than my mouth. What do you use to record the commentary audio?

lessthan3vg

The audio is recorded with shadow play and we have the mic on a stand a few feet in front of us a bit below head level when we are sitting in our chairs

jfnoxus

lessthan3vg said:
The audio is recorded with shadow play and we have the mic on a stand a few feet in front of us a bit below head level when we are sitting in our chairs
Hmm I thinkm mic placement should be fine then. Isn't shadow play to record gameplay? When you're recording try to keep things in different tracks. You can record the gameplay with shadow play but try to record the commentary with audacity and then sync it up while editing. Different tracks means you can adjust the game volume without affecting the commentary volume. I can link you to a usefull audacity tutorial which you can use to make your voice sound better. :)

Discord

Latest New Threads