Advice for new Youtubers (5 years experience)

Discussion in 'Getting Started on YouTube' started by tKo Spurr, Jul 16, 2015.

1. tKo Spurr

tKo Spurr Active Member

Hey guys, Rick here. So a lot of people are wondering why they are stuck at like 47 subs and cant go anywhere. Well I am here to give you some advice, and more importantly, what NOT to do if you want to be successful on Youtube. I've had my channel and uploaded regularly since December 2010. At my height, I had 981 subs, but I had lost interest and lost my fanbase. I started back up last summer at 290, and I am now where I am today. If any of this helps, please consider subscribing to me.
    WHAT NOT TO DO:
    -Make sloppy videos
    -Have an irregular schedule (AKA Not upload for 4 months
    -Pretend to be someone you are not
    -Do Youtube for money
    -Go inactive

WHAT TO DO:
    -Make sure you have quality videos that will make people want to watch you. Dont just do what the big youtubers do
    -Make sure this is what you want to do. Being successful on Youtube takes time, will, effort, and a good goal.
    -Make a goal. By goal, I mean find out what your channel is about. Mine is about informing people and making people laugh.
    -Keep the videos coming, and keep the quality from going down. Its important to find that balance of Quality and Quantity
    -Interact with your subscribers
    -Branch out! Try new things! Collab with other people, which helps you both by exposing your fanbases to each other.

So thats it guys! I hoped this helped you! These are the things I have learned in my 5 years of being on Youtube. Ive had people tell me if I wouldve stayed active instead of going on hiatus like 3 times, I could have 20k+ subs by now. Dont make my mistakes, and I wish you all the best of luck

2. tKo Spurr

tKo Spurr Active Member

Ive seen so many people doing sub for sub and when I ask them why, they say for money. Like congrats? You have 200 subs, you getting what, 90 cents? Also inactivity is what lost me my fan base. Ive been going continuously active now for 13 months, gained over 300 subs

InsaneXDesign likes this.
  3. InsaneXDesign

InsaneXDesign New Member

Some sage words for sure

4. Wunder Blunder

Wunder Blunder New Member

5. ThaCookey

ThaCookey New Member

Great tips! It does hurt me to see people doing sub4sub :/

I think the most important thing that you said that I agree with is the "do youtube for money"
    Youtube can be a nice source of income (I was thrilled when I earned my first $2!!!), but the money should not be the main thing to focus on :/

6. Flash Cake

Flash Cake Member

Sound advice fr anyone

7. Tills

Tills New Member

Pretty good advice, thanks

8. ShyKing

ShyKing Member

Great Advice for starters! thanks for the tip

9. settleflame1

settleflame1 New Member

10. Hugh Quinn